Monday, May 23, 2016

No Hot Water!!

Hey peeps! 
So to start with the bad news, we have not had hot water all week long and we will not get it back until next week! I am very thankful for our chainik that boils water.. lots of bucket showers! Also, we got word this week that English Gospel Group Discussion is no longer allowed in the whole Europe East Area. We found out the day of our English group so we had to tell everyone as they came, it is a bummer but we will figure out another activity to get investigators and members to the branch during the week! 

Now for the good stuff! We had a great meeting with Edward this week. He told us that everything we talk about is true but he just does not see how we are any different than what he already believes as a Christian. So we have been focusing on the Book of Mormon with him, we read it with him and then he read on his own the other day! He is still being a little stubborn about praying but said he would pray next time we meet! He is such a great guy, we know that he will find his answer,  if he sincerely prays and reads! 

Our Recent Convert work is still going well! This week Yegor finished the Book of Mormon with us! It was awesome to see how excited he was to finish and right after he said how he would be starting over in 1 Nephi that same night! We took him to KFC as promised, he put down a lot for a 14 year old so sorry about that KFC bill! 

We finished reteaching the missionary lessons to Mihael and we helped his home teachers show him how the sacrament is done! He was pretty sick yesterday and could not make it to church, but he should be blessing/passing the sacrament soon! He also wants to get family history started so hopefully we will get that going with him this week! 

Tuesday after Coordination Meeting, we surprised the Johnstuns because we knew it was their Anniversary! We pretended like we forgot,  then gave them flowers and some treats,  then we all went around and said what we love about them. I am personally very grateful for the Johnstuns, they have done some much for the branch here and they will be deeply missed when they head home in a few months. 

Friday we got to go with the Johnstun's to the Biletski family! It has been awhile since we have been there so it was awesome to go back. The Biletskis are incredible and the Johnstuns have really strengthened them in their time here. We just get to translate and watch the Spirit do all the work! The Biletskis were very thankful that I filmed their son in the Victory Day Parade and I was able to get them a copy.

Saturday we got to serve a few different members. It was a hot day so I wore shorts and now have about 20 mosquito bites on my legs. Been an itchy few days but serving our members is always very rewarding!! 

Sunday was great! The talks were all about the Sabbath and keeping it holy. Most talked about spending time with the family. I loved the line "We work hard 6 days a week, and on the 7th day we find out why!" In my current situation I work daily for the Savior but they were talking more about families and how on the Sabbath it is valuable time to get to know your family better! 
When sacrament ended, I was writing something down when Andrei came and sat next to me. Andrei is a non -member but his wife is a member and served a mission. We served him a couple transfers ago and it was a big deal that he even let us over and yesterday he asked me if we could come back, so we are going today! Andrei is a really great guy and his heart has slowly been softened to the Gospel. I was honored that he felt comfortable enough to come ask me, and I can't wait to help him out today! 

After Church, we went back to Krasnaya to sing! We got all sorts of responses yesterday from "go home!" (the usual), to one man asking me where to put the money he wanted to give us, and some awesome people who were very friendly and wanting to learn more! As we left we ran into Vitya and his mom so we sang one more hymn which got the attention of some baptists that started talking to us. We talked for a while and although it was a lot of comparing interpretations of the Bible, at the end the man said, "I have always heard bad things about you Mormons but now, I know differently. I never thought I would call a Mormon my brother!" And he asked for a Book of Mormon so hopefully we will get in contact with him! 

That is it for my week! Transfer calls come on Friday! Hope I stay so bad I just love it here but unfortunately, I think my time has come! Thanks for all the prayers, love and support!!

Love you all!
-Elder Tucker//Старейшина Таккер
Строка за строкой

Pictures - Victory Day, Service Day, Walking and singing on the streets of Krasnaya, what I eat (since so many of
  you ask..haha). 









No comments:

Post a Comment