Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving & Mothers Day



It has been a great week! Cannot believe I have been in Russia for over a month! 

I hope you all had the greatest Thanksgiving, I had a great one! We were able to have a feast with our District in Volgograd. Way thankful for the Sisters because they are better missionaries than Elders and they put together a great meal even in Russia. This Thanksgiving I was probably feeling more grateful than ever for the littlest things in life, but here are the three most important:

1. My family. You all support me so much and I honestly would not be able to get through my days here without your support.

2. My friends at home and around the world who are the greatest examples to me .

3. The Gospel of Jesus Christ. The other day, while on the streets it just hit me, how lucky I am to have the Gospel. I didn't have to rely on a brave friend or young missionaries to share it with me, I have had it my whole life. I am so grateful to know that it is true and to have these two years to learn more about what I know to be true. I am so lucky. 

Yesterday was Mother's Day here, which of course I loved,  because I have the greatest Mom in the world!! I don't know how you do it Mom, but I feel your love thousands of miles away. You mean the world to me! 
We were able to get flowers for all the Sisters in the Branch for Mothers Day and they loved it. We also took flowers to a Sister the other day for her birthday. Russia randomly has flower shops everywhere and they are the best. 

Bought me some winter boots, they are great (fur on the inside!). We are in the negatives here (celsius) and everything is freezing over, it is real fun. I'm ready for the Winter! We also discovered the greatest bakery place... We buy treats by the Kilo and they are so cheap. Hasn't been the healthiest week. 

Got to watch Meet the Mormons for our activity Saturday night, we had people show up this time! They all loved the movie, it never gets old for me! 

I am officially 1st Counselor in the Branch Presidency here in Volzhky. That is something I never thought I would say in my life (counselor in the branch presidency).  I love the Branch here!  

We do not have many investigators right now, only two that are progressing. But we have a lot of potential investigators lined up for this week and we have been working with less active members and the active members just to strengthen the branch here. The Branch is doing really well right now, attendance is going up and everyone seems happy! We are working hard and we have so much faith in this area! 

That is all from me this week. Love you all, thanks for all the prayers and support. I am so lucky to have the greatest support team!  

-Elder Tucker





No comments:

Post a Comment